J. Cole has earned his fourth No. 1 album on the Billboard 200 with 4 Your Eyez Only. The album did not have any other featuring artists or collaborations. Which was expected after J.Cole broke the internet with his music video “False Prophets” where he allegedly speaks on the crumbling music career & down fall of his former hero Kanye West. Watch video below before continuing this article.
The North Carolina rapper’s latest album sold 492,000 equivalent album units (363,000 traditional) in its first week. This marks the third-biggest weekly sales sum for an album this year, behind Drake’s Views (1.04 million units, 852,000 traditional) and Beyoncé’s LEMONADE (653,000 units, 485,000 traditional). This was a more modest figure than the projected 550,000 sum.
As far as streaming numbers, Eyez has the second-biggest streaming debut ever for an album with 118,000 streaming equivalent album units. That amounts to 51.7 million streams of 4 Your Eyez Only tracks. Drake’s Views is the only album to top this with 163,000 SEA units in its opening week, equating to 245.1 million streams of songs from the album.
BILLBOARD 200 TOP 10
- J. Cole – 4 Your Eyez Only – 363,000
- Pentatonix – A Pentatonix Christmas – 156,000
- The Weeknd – Starboy – 109,000
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic – 74,000
- Pentatonix – That’s Christmas to Me – 65,000
- Post Malone – Stoney – 58,000
- Broadway Cast – Hamilton – 48,000
- Various Artists – Moana Soundtrack – 48,000
- Michael Bublé – Christmas – 43,000
- The Rolling Stones – Blue & Lonesome – 43,000
Congrats J. Cole! Want to buy his new album 4 Your Eyez Only on iTunes ? Click here! No iPhone stream on spotify playlist below!